INTERVIEW / PERSONALITY TEST
- The candidates who qualify in the Main Examination will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them, a record of his/her career.
- The object of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers.
- He/she will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
- The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
- In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities, but also social traits and his interest in current affairs.
- Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination, but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialised or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
- Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own state or country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well educated youth.
Also, we are giving you an opportunity to be a part of it by providing us the materials so that we can use it as Free Resources on our website. These resources will be reachable to everyone who wants to learn and prepare for UPSC/IAS. Please forward us at email@example.com. We will remove all the tracing items and We Respect Your Privacy.
All Materials available/provided here is for Education Purpose Only. Use It for building your knowledge and don’t make them commercial. We request you to respect our Hard Work. We UPSC IAS Material are providing Everything Free Here. We will not charge anything for any service here.
We does not own this/any book, neither created nor scanned. We are only providing the link that already available on Internet. If Any Way it violates the law or has any issue then kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks